Camp Quest UK aims to bring together a community of young people and families, dedicated to exploring the world’s most interesting questions through rational inquiry, critical and creative thinking. The camps offer a safe, fun and challenging environment for 10-17 year olds, regardless of their personal beliefs, to share in their thoughts about the big questions in life. We investigate tough and thought-provoking issues and hope to foster in young people an approach to life of empathy, reasoned thought, self-respect, self-expression, cooperation, and ethical deeds.
Camp Quest is open to people from all backgrounds. However, we generally would agree on the following general principles:
- We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.
- We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason, empathy and kindness.
- We believe in enjoying life and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.
- We are sceptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel ideas and seek new departures in our thinking.
- We cultivate the arts of negotiation and compromise as a means of resolving differences and achieving mutual understanding.